This website is a research tool for estimating sensitivity limit in XMM Newton data. It is an updated version of the FLIX upper limit server developed by Clive Page at the University of Leicester (https://www.ledas.ac.uk/flix/flix.html).
The web application is a fork of the XMM catalogue web server at IRAP which had originally benefited from the assistance of citizen scientists — highly experienced software engineers working outside the academia that volunteered to help with its development. The present web application has been updated with backend and frontend re-coded to meet the purpose of the sensitivity estimator.
Here is the list of contributors in alphabetical order:
- Maxim Chernyshov, Mickael Coriat, backend programming
- Clive Page, Francisco J. Carrera, Sensitivity calculation algorithm
- Alexey Sergeev, design
- Askar Timirgazin, Mickael Coriat, frontend programming
- Natalie Webb, computing resources
- Ivan Zolotukhin, initial idea and overall implementation for the XMM catalogue web server
The website is experimental and works in β mode, so some features may not work properly. If you believe you came across its malfunction, or want to request a new feature, you are welcome to email site authors.
If this website is useful for your research, please include the link http://flix.irap.omp.eu and cite [...] in any emerging publication.
We would like to acknowledge the usage of these open source technologies: