Or upload a file with a list of coordinates
- performance improvements (processing time divided by 2)
- possibility to request the server using a file
- several improvements to the interface to improve user experience
- bug fixes
This website provides experimental access to the FLIX sensitivity estimator for XMM-Newton data. It is provided by the XMM-Newton Survey Science Centre at IRAP and is based on 4XMM Data Release 12 data provided by the XMM-Newton Survey Science Centre Consortium.
What FLIX does: if you provide a position of interest on the sky, FLIX scans the public data products from XMM-Newton to determine whether each point was observed. If so FLIX:
- Estimates a detection threshold to the X-ray flux at that point in various energy bands,
- Provides a crude estimate of the actual flux within a circle centred on that point
- Scans the 4XMM catalogue listing any detections within 2 arc-minutes, and display an X-ray image centred on the point.
Results are then returned in the form of a table and as a downloadable FITS file. For further information on input and outputs, see the online documentation
Please note that it is in its early beta stage...